Sneinton Market : Terms and Conditions for partner events June/13
Sneinton Community Traders. Registered Company 5729129
Sneinton Market is run by Sneinton Community Traders (SCT) for the benefit of the local community and is not a City Council market. We are a Company Ltd by Guarantee with Social aims. We welcome traders, volunteers and friends of Sneinton Market who will help us in our aims.
Our aims are to ensure the continuation of Sneinton Market in a way that serves the community but respects the heritage –
- We do this with partners from the community and other organisations. We aim for mutual benefit and sustainability of the local economy and environment; we welcome ideas and shared resources!
- We welcome new traders, and undertake to promote the market as much as possible. We encourage our traders to do the same!
We can offer you space to run a branded event, or you may want a joint venture. Both are welcome.
- The pricing structure is designed to cover costs and sustainability of managing SCT. We try to keep our costs as low as possible, and the majority of the costs of services cover the erection of stalls, infrastructure management and a proportion of the publicity.
- Sneinton Market is run under licence from Nottingham City Council. Terms and Conditions meet the landlord stipulations and legal requirements as well as SCT needs.
Branded Events – YOUR event
These are for days when the market is not trading. We liaise with the Council to make sure nothing else is booked in and they are happy with our use of the Square.
|Stalls and Small Marquees||Stalls.
Covered, with striped rain-proof ‘sheets’
|4ft x 10ft (counter top provided)||22 in no.
(May need to be put up in rows)
|First 5 – £15 each
Next 5 – £14 each
Next 5- £13 each
Then £12 each.
Price includes erection& dismantling, admin, cleaning.
|Electrics require our staff on site throughout between £30 – £50. No other costs for performance etc.
Extra labour £8 per hour
|Marquees. Sides & backs provided.
Weights for wind.
|3m x 3m||8 in no.|
|Pitches||Own tables or on the ground||variable||Subject to discussion||£7 each|
- Larger marquees, yurts, staging etc. are currently not available and will need to be hired. Site plan to be discussed with us.
- Vehicles are not permitted to trade on the market place unless a dispensation pass is purchased cost -£25 one –off. £50 for the year. An oil drip tray must be used
- Trailers are allowed. Subject to space, costs are usually the same as for stalls.
- Free parking is not available – we may be able to negotiate 5-10 free spaces but depends on the day. Costs for local car parking see below
- An entertainments licence is in place on the square; however we may request a small charge towards PPL and PPS licenses for recorded/downloaded music
- Public Liability Insurance must be in place and Employee Insurance where appropriate. Goods Insurance is recommended. Food Hygiene 2 is required by those selling food and discussions with Environmental Health are to be encouraged.
On Market days, shared events are held. Costs are broadly the same as for the events above.
- You must have Public Liability Insurance. Individual new traders may apply under our block insurance for PLI at a cost of £2.50 per week. Caterers and traders in prepared foods must have Food Hygiene Level 2.
- You must keep your pitch clean and tidy and remove rubbish from the site or use the recycling facilities provided. Please work in a safe way, & pay attention to Health and Safety.
- We strive for EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES. Please make sure that none of your staff or customers are at a disadvantage due to any physical or social characteristics they may have.
- It is requirement of the City Council (the owners) that vehicles are removed from the Square during markets.
- We manage the market carefully but cannot be responsible for any losses or damage on site. We like to run a harmonious market, but still, our decision is final in all matters!
- There are currently no public toilets; the toilets (accessible) in the Leisure Centre may be used, or Tasty Bites and GB’s cafes allow use of their toilets
- Parking meters are available on Bath Street. Nottingham City Council Zone 2. Disabled Bays are also available opposite the Market
- The current cost of parking at Sneinton Market Square Car Park (Aberdeen Street) car park is free for the first hour and £1 for the next two hours after that. Concessionary charges are available for regular traders at a cost of £50 per year for market days. Please ask for details
- Currently Traders wishing to trade from a vehicle need to obtain a dispensation from the City Council. This is under negotiation currently for one-off attendances. Drip trays must be used for any fuel driven vehicle or machinery standing on the site.
Payment and Cancellation
We will agree costs, and Invoice you for payment one week before the event. Cancellation with no charge is possible up until the date of Invoice. The effect of bad weather on any market is subject to constant review. If a market is cancelled on safety grounds by SCT then no charge will be made. If the organiser cancels due to rain, and stalls have already been put up then a proportion of fees will be payable.