Sneinton Market : Terms and Conditions September 2013
Sneinton Community Traders. Registered Company 5729129
Welcome to Sneinton Market! The market is run by Sneinton Community Traders for the benefit of the local community and is not a City Council market. We promote the market at every opportunity and hope you will too!
1. Please complete an application form for our records. You must have Public Liability Insurance. New traders may apply under our block insurance for PLI at a cost of £2 per week. Caterers and traders in prepared foods must have Food Hygiene Level 2.
2. A deposit of £5 may be required the first time you trade. This can be paid by BACS transfer or arrangements can be made to pay by cash. RENT is currently £10-£13 a stall. This will be collected in cash at around 11am on market day, unless you have paid beforehand.
3. A stall or a pitch is provided to be discussed when booking; a regular pitch can be held by agreement with the Operations Manager and will depend on attendance. We may let any stall or pitch unoccupied after 9am on a Market day, whether you are a regular or not.
4. Please let us know if you need electricity (cost inclusive at the moment, as we will need to site you near a supply point. Brian will advise on the connections required and manage the supply.
5. Stalls are 10ft x 4ft with striped covers to keep off rain. A few small marquees are available at £3 extra – 3m x 3m with a 2m long table. You will need your own table covers, things to make your stall look nice. Chairs are limited.
6. Stalls are put up for you and will be ready at 8am.
7. We need to know if you are coming by Friday at the latest. Casual traders attending on the day will only be able to stand if there is a stall/space available.
8. Early closing due to weather conditions is at the discretion of the managers, and will be decided on safety grounds. No remission of fee is possible due to bad weather unless the market is cancelled before 11am.
9. The times of operation are 9am till 1.30 pm, or 2pm depending on the week. All vehicles must be off-site by 10am. Traders may trade before 9am, and from time to time until a later time decided by the management.
10. You must keep your pitch clean and tidy and remove rubbish from the site or use the recycling facilities provided. Please work in a safe way, & pay attention to Health and Safety.
11. It is requirement of the City Council (the owners) that vehicles are removed from the Square during markets. All petrol or diesel vehicles must be off-site by 10am and may not be driven on before the end of the market.
- A free parking permit may be available – first come, first served
- Parking meters are available on Bath Street. Nottingham City Council Zone 2. Disabled Bays are also available opposite the Market
- The current cost of parking at Sneinton Market Square Car Park (Aberdeen Street) car park is free for the first hour and £1 for the next two hours after that. Concessionary charges are available for regular traders at a cost of £50 per year for market days. Please ask for details
- Currently Traders wishing to trade from a vehicle need to obtain a dispensation from the City Council. This is under negotiation currently for one-off attendances. Drip trays must be used for any fuel driven vehicle or machinery standing on the site.
12. We manage the market carefully but cannot be responsible for any losses or damage to goods on site. These Terms apply until further notice and may be altered by the Directors of Sneinton Market. We like to run a nice, friendly market, but still, our decision is final i